Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oxbow poster


This poster originally had a hand-written quote all around it, but I didn't like how it came out. I experimented with a different style than I usually do, but too many different ideas made the poster look unfinished and "wrong", rather than the idea I originally had.

I like this, but I feel that something else needs to be done with it. Either go over the type in the background more or make it smaller and add a lot to it. The idea I have is to take the idea of he album name NARCOTIC STORY and add the song names as someone would write them in a journal. After some experimenting, I feel that this fits better than anything thus far, but I'm willing to look into more fonts.

Not trying to make this appear too "cartoony," while retaining the illustrative quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment